We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Resource Specialist
to engage youth and coordinate the development, creation, and
implementation of initiatives to support the social and emotional
needs of youth in the Town of Okotoks spaces, while also supporting
other business centres in the work that they do with youth.
Principle accountabilities of this position include:
• Identifying areas of improvement and/or gaps in programs and
services that meet youth social development needs,
• Coordinating and/or facilitating staff training and providing
support to the Parks and Recreation Team on the development
and implementation of youth programming,
• Building relationships with youth serving agencies to engage
Okotoks residents and working closely with Okotoks Municipal
Enforcement and RCMP,
• Having a consistent presence in the Youth Centre and other parks
and recreation spaces outside of school hours to connect and
build relationships with youth attending,
• Working day, evening & weekend shifts, including Friday Teen Nights.,
• Designing youth supports/initiatives that align with the Family and
Community Support Services mandate,
• Providing comprehensive funding reports.
Requirements - What You Bring:
• A degree or diploma in a related field or an equivalent mix of
formal training and experience,
• Demonstrated success in developing positive relationships with youth
• 3 or more years related work experience representing continuous
learning. Experience working with youth and/or community
• Strong knowledge of local and regional community resources and
programs for youth,
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication, networking,
conflict resolution, time management and facilitation skills,
• Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, time management;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; experience with databases.
Compensation: Salary range: $69,372–$76,844 annually
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, and
benefits and pension plans, 37.5 hour work week, flexible work
schedule, and and career development.
For full details and to apply, visit okotoks.ca/careers
Apply by June 4, 2023.
5 Elizabeth Street